Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My Hero: The Chignon

Alright, I couldn't resist writing about this one. The chignon is one of my absolute FAVORITE hairstyles; it has saved me from looking homeless after many sleepless (shower-less) nights. On the opposite end of the spectrum, it looks even better for formal events and dinners after you've actually showered. I can't obsess over it enough. On a related note, let's clear something up. A "sock bun" on top of your head is not a chignon. And, ladies, please be aware that sock buns do not look great on everyone. Personally, I have about 7 tons of hair, and my sock buns take up almost the entire circumference of my head, then inevitably start sagging after about an hour. Sock buns can be chic if you do them correctly (and I love them), but you need to be aware of things like your head shape and how you pull back your hairline. I've found that my hair looks much more sophisticated pulled back lower with a side part than straight back and up! I'll put the Vogue video tutorial below; it's my favorite one I've found. Once you get a little practice, I promise it literally takes 5 mins tops...it's amazing. Also remember, chignons can be loose and messy or tighter and more simple; it's totally up to how you like you hair. I'll post the looks that I personally love!


No comments:

Post a Comment